CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bad Mommy Moment

Jeff has been out of town for a work meeting this week so it's been a bit off at night getting the boys bathed and down for bed. I am still nursing Chase only before bed so it takes me a while to tend to him. Last night Jake wanted to stay in the bath while I layed Chase down. It didn't take too long so I came in and checked my email on the computer. Usually when Jake is needs us he'll just call out for us to come and help him with whatever he needs so I was figuring he was having a good time. I was only checking email about 5 minutes literally and then got off and went into our bathroom where Jake was still in the bath. He was just sitting there with his big brown eyes full of tears. I asked, "what's wrong baby?" and he said, "I was wanting to get out and you weren't here." So, I said, "well honey, why didn't you call for me?" His response was so smart and so sweet, he said, "I wanted to but I knew if I yelled for you it would wake up Chase." I just melted. Normally I wouldn't have felt bad, I would've thought it was sweet that he was being so considerate of both his brother and myself (HA!) and I would have thought it was a good lesson in patience but, since I was just sitting on the computer I did feel bad only because I could just imagine him sitting there wanting to get out and wanting to yell for me but knowing he couldn't and not knowing when I was going to be back. How sweet is my little boy! I don't know many four year olds, and I have know lots over the years, that would think that far outside of the box. So, for that moment I felt like a bad Mom, of course he got over it quickly but I was reminded that before I stop to do something so unimportant like check email, I need to make sure my children are tended to and have what they need.

1 comments:

Kris said...

Don't feel bad...we all have moments like these. Just this week I forgot to send my kids lunch money and neither of them ate that day:( No one called to tell me either.